The Advance Payments Program is a federal program, delivered and administered by the
Manitoba Corn Growers Association. Under the program, the Government of Canada provides the loan guarantee, funds the interest-free portion of advances and helps to make low interest rates possible on the remainder for Canadian producers.
*ATTENTION FARMERS – 2020 Program Year Forms Available
MCGA is now accepting and processing 2020 Program Year cash advance applications.
Producers must provide photo identification when applying for a cash advance loan under the 2019/20 Advance Payments Program.
NOTE: For producers applying for advances above $400,000 where a credit score from a National Credit Bureau is not available, producers will be asked to provide financial statements and contact information of two (2) input suppliers.
Please contact Tammy Cote or Rae Jackson at 204.745.6661 if you have any questions about the Advance Payments Program.
2020 PROGRAM YEAR APPLICATION FORMS FOR CROP PRODUCERS:
- Crop producers will need to download items (a), (b), (c) and either (d1) or (d2) if you have not seeded yet, or
(e1) or (e2) if you have planted, or
(f) if you have harvested
- All ALBERTA PRODUCERS will need to download and complete (g).
- All Corporations that have a Family Trust as a Shareholder (h).
Forms are now available in an electronic version but must be printed to fill in the signature. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader for this update, which is available for download here. For producers that prefer to fill out by hand, print forms as usual.
Download forms below (pdf format)
(a) 2020 Cover Sheet Pre-Production
(b) 2020 Producer Application-Fillable
(c) 2020 Priority Agreement-Fillable
(d1) 2020 Pre Production Worksheet-Fillable
(d2) 2020 Pre-Production Worksheet for Agristability-Fillable
(e1) 2020 Final Pre-Production Worksheet-Fillable
(e2) 2020 Final Pre-Production Worksheet for Agristability-Fillable
(f) 2020 Post Production Worksheet-Fillable
(g) Guarantee Acknowledgement Certificate – Must be completed by all ALBERTA Residents
(h) Alternate Guarantor
- Honey producers will now download regular applications listed above.
- Honey producers must provide a copy of their insurance indicating Manitoba Corn Growers Association as the first loss payable.
- Please note: the amount of insurance coverage required must be equal to the amount of the Cash Advance that you are applying for.
The Advance Rates for the 2020-2021 production period are:
Alfalfa Seed $0.67/lb
Canary Seed $6.16/bu
Corn (Grain Only) $2.03/bu
Desi Chick Peas $0.09/lb
Faba Beans $0.04/lb
Great Northern $0.16/lb
Hay (domestic sales) $67.90/T
Hay (BC, AB, SK) $67.90/T
Hemp Seed $0.24/lb
Kabuli Chick Peas $0.09/lb
Kentucky Blue Grass $0.38/lb
Mustard Ethiopian $4.25/bu
Other Coloured $0.16/lb
Peas (MB Only) $2.91/bu
Rye (Fall) $2.46/bu
Ryegrass Seed (Annual) $0.19/lb
Ryegrass Seed (Perennial) $0.29/lb
Sunflower Confects $0.15/lb
Sunflower Oils $0.11/lb
Wheat (Winter) $2.51/bu
White Pea (Navy) $0.16/lb
** UPDATED ** 2018 Program Year – Stay of Default
On March 23, 2020, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a Stay of Default for the Advance Payments Program (APP) 2018/19 production year for farmers with advances on grains, oilseeds and pulse crops. The Stay of Default applies to cash advances issued by the Manitoba Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and additional eight APP administrators as listed in the press release: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/23/prime-minister-announces-support-farmers-and-agri-food-businesses.
For farmers with a 2018 cash advance specific to grain, oilseed and pulse production, the Stay of Default includes the following details:
- Applies to eligible affected producers in good standing under their respective repayment agreements.
- Extension of the repayment deadline meaning farmers are required to pay their 2018 APP advances in full by September 30, 2020.
- The Government will continue to pay the interest on the interest-free portion of the 2018 outstanding grains, oilseeds, and pulse advances until the advance is repaid in full or until September 30, 2020 (whichever comes first), or until the advance goes into default.
- Eligible producers will also be able to make a repayment on their 2018 cash advance without proof of sale for which they will not be charged cash repayment penalties.
However, the other terms and conditions with the 2018 cash advance still apply, including but not limited to:
- Interest will continue to accrue on the outstanding interest-bearing portion of the advance through the extended period, for which produces are responsible for paying.
- Farmers must continue to make repayments on their 2018 advance when they sell a crop that is listed on their advance, even if the advance is eligible for the Stay of Default.
Clients who have an advance with the MCGA and are eligible for the stay of default will be contacted by the MCGA office directly. Clients can also call toll free at 1-877-598-5685 if they have any questions. Tammy and Rae will be able to assist in a quick and timely fashion.