*ATTENTION WINTER WHEAT & FALL RYE FARMERS – 2020 Program Year Forms Available
MCGA is now accepting and processing 2020 Program Year cash advance applications for fall seeded winter wheat and fall rye in Manitoba. Please call our office at 204-745-6661 to obtain the application forms as they will not be made available online at this time.
The Manitoba Corn Growers Association, as an administrator of the Advance Payments Program (APP), is committed to providing additional information on the changes made to the APP as announced on June 3, 2019. Please read the News Release.
The MCGA is accepting and processing cash advance applications under the increased APP limits. Please call our office if you have any questions, either about your existing APP loan or if you have questions. AAFC has also created a Question & Answer document for additional information: Question & Answer New Limits APP – June 2019.
Producers must provide photo identification when applying for a cash advance loan under the 2019/20 Advance Payments Program.
NOTE: For producers applying for advances above $400,000 where a credit score from a National Credit Bureau is not available, producers will be asked to provide financial statements and contact information of two (2) input suppliers.
Please contact Tammy Cote or Rae Jackson at 204.745.6661 if you have any questions about the Advance Payments Program.
2019 PROGRAM YEAR APPLICATION FORMS FOR CROP PRODUCERS:
- Crop producers will need to download items (a), (b), (c) and either(d1) or (d2) if you have not seeded yet, or
(e1) or (e2) if you have planted, or
(f) if you have harvested, or
(i) if you have already have an application in place for the 2019 Program Year and wish to take advantage of the new limits.
- All ALBERTA PRODUCERS will need to download and complete (g).
- All Corporations that have a Family Trust as a Shareholder (h).
Forms are now available in an electronic version but must be printed to fill in the signature. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader for this update, which is available for download here. For producers that prefer to fill out by hand, print forms as usual.
Download forms below (pdf format)
(a) 2019 Cover Sheet Pre-Production
(b) 2019 Producer Application – New Limits
(c) 2019 Priority Agreement – New Limits
(d1) 2019 Pre-Production Worksheet – New Limits
(d2) 2019 Pre-Production Worksheet for AgriStability – New Limits
(e1) 2019 Final Pre-Production Worksheet – New Limits
(e2) 2019 Final Pre-Production Worksheet for AgriStability – New Limits
(f) 2019 Post Production Worksheet – New Limits
(g) Guarantee Acknowledgement Certificate – Must be completed by all ALBERTA Residents
(h) Alternate Guarantor
(i) 2019 Amendment to the Application – New Limits
- Honey producers will now download regular applications listed above.
- Honey producers must provide a copy of their insurance indicating Manitoba Corn Growers Association as the first loss payable.
- Please note: the amount of insurance coverage required must be equal to the amount of the Cash Advance that you are applying for.
The MCGA Agricultural Products include grain corn, Kentucky bluegrass seed, alfalfa seed, annual and perennial ryegrass, baled hay (for domestic sales only) and sunflowers on behalf of the National Sunflower Association of Canada (NSAC) in Western Canada; all pulse crops in Manitoba on behalf of the Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers (MPSG) and honey in Manitoba on behalf of the Manitoba Beekeepers’ Association (MBA).
New crops for Manitoba include durum, canola, flax, buckwheat, canary seed, mustard, hemp seed, wheat, mustard Ethiopian, camelina, millet, barley, oats, triticale, and rye.
The Advance Rates for the 2019-2020 production period are:
Canary Seed $4.84/bu
Corn (Grain Only) $2.27/bu
Desi Chick Peas $0.08/lb
Faba Beans $0.04/lb
Great Northern $0.17/lb
Hay (domestic sales) $63.05/T
Hay (AB) $63.05/T
Hemp Seed $0.27/lb
Kabuli Chick Peas $0.09/lb
Kentucky Blue Grass $0.38/lb
Mustard Ethiopian $4.58/bu
Other Coloured $0.16/lb
Peas (MB Only) $3.16/bu
Rye (Fall) $2.34/bu
Ryegrass (Annual) $0.19/lb
Ryegrass (Perennial) $0.29/lb
Sunflower Confects $0.15/lb
Sunflower Oils $0.11/lb
Wheat (Winter) $2.77/bu
White Pea (Navy) $0.16/lb
2018 Program Year – Stay of Default
On August 15, 2019, Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau announced a Stay of Default for the Advance Payments Program (APP) 2018/19 production year for farmers with advances on grains, oilseeds and pulse crops. The Stay of Default applies to cash advances issued by the Manitoba Corn Growers Association (MCGA) and eight additional APP administrators as listed in the AAFC press release (August 15 2019_Crop Producers Granted Extension to Repay Cash Advances).
For farmers with a 2018 cash advance specific to grain, oilseed and pulse production, the Stay of Default is effective August 15, 2019 and includes the following details:
- Applies to eligible affected producers in good standing under their respective repayment agreements.
- Extension of the repayment deadline of September 30, 2019 by six months to March 31, 2020, meaning farmers are required to pay their 2018 APP advances in full by March 31, 2020.
- The Government will continue to pay the interest on the interest-free portion of the 2018 outstanding grains, oilseeds, and pulse advances until the advance is repaid in full or until March 31, 2020 (whichever comes first), or until the advance goes into default.
- Eligible producers will also be able to make a repayment on their 2018 cash advance without proof of sale for which they will not be charged cash repayment penalties.
However, the other terms and conditions with the 2018 cash advance still apply, including but not limited to:
- Interest will continue to accrue on the outstanding interest-bearing portion of the advance through the extended period, for which produces are responsible for paying.
- Farmers must continue to make repayments on their 2018 advance when they sell a crop that is listed on their advance, even if the advance is eligible for the Stay of Default.
Farmers with questions about their cash advance or the Stay of Default can contact the MCGA office toll free at 1-877-598-5685. Tammy and Rae will be able to assist in a quick and timely fashion.