Advance Payments Program (APP) Update
August 15, 2019: Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau announced a Stay of Default for the Advance Payments Program (APP) 2018/19 production year for farmers with advances on grains, oilseeds and pulse crops. Read more here.
The newly updated “Field Corn Production in Manitoba – A Guide for Crop Management & Agronomy” is printed and ready for distribution.
Learn more about the manual here.
About the Manitoba Corn Growers Association. Headquartered in Carman, MB the Manitoba Corn Growers Association (MCGA) is a not-for-profit organization representing over 1,500 farmers who grow corn in the province of Manitoba. The MCGA is directed by a twelve-member grower Board of Directors dedicated to advancing the corn industry in Manitoba in the areas of market development, promotion, research and education.
- To encourage, promote and to assist in the development of grain and silage corn, as an economical alternative to other crops.
- To co-operate with government departments and agencies and with industry, in efforts to develop improved management practices.
- To encourage research and experimentation in variety improvement, and in determining and demonstrating the potential of corn in Manitoba, as a grain and silage crop.
- To co-operate in educational programs, and in facilitating exchanges of information and experience between growers.
- To encourage efforts to explore and develop market opportunities.
For over 35 years, the MCGA has been helping farmers with their cash flow needs by administering the financially guaranteed Advance Payments Program (APP) offering cash advance loans on corn, wheat, barley, oats, soybeans, all pulse crops, sunflowers, canola, flax, buckwheat, rye and other special crops. To take advantage of the new one stop and to see the full list of crops and prices for the current program, click here.
Box 188, Carman MB R0G 0J0
Carman, Manitoba Canada R0G 0J0