As of October 1, 1988, the Manitoba Corn Growers Association (MCGA) has been designated as the representative organization for all corn producers in Manitoba. By order of this regulation all corn sold and/or purchased in Manitoba is subject to a check-off of ½ of 1% of the sale.
All Buyers of Manitoba corn must deduct the levy and remit it to the MCGA office. If the buyer does not deduct the check-off, the producer must pay that amount to the MCGA directly in order to remain a member in good standing of our Association.
Silage growers who wish to be active members of the Association and receive the benefits of membership must pay a membership fee, which is currently set at $1.25/per acre of silage corn grown.
All others involved in the corn industry in Manitoba, are encouraged to take a membership with the MCGA in order to stay abreast of activities in our industry. Sign up today!
Benefits of being a member of the Manitoba Corn Growers Association
- Newsletter at least nine times a year
- The Grain Farmers of Ontario Magazine
- Data from MCGA and Manitoba Corn Committee Research Trials
- Access to herbicides brought into Manitoba by MCGA through the minor use program
- Work done on your behalf to improve crop insurance coverage for corn
- Annual CropConnect Conference
- Summer tours of research plots